By Jonathan M. Chase
Chase and Leibold outline the area of interest as together with either what an organism wishes from its setting and the way that organism's actions form its atmosphere. Drawing at the concept of consumer-resource interactions, in addition to its graphical research, they improve a framework for knowing niches that's versatile adequate to incorporate quite a few small- and large-scale techniques, from source pageant, predation, and pressure to group constitution, biodiversity, and surroundings functionality. Chase and Leibold's artificial technique will curiosity ecologists from quite a lot of subdisciplines.
Read Online or Download Ecological Niches: Linking Classical and Contemporary Approaches (Interspecific Interactions) PDF
Similar ecology books
This publication offers a primary artificial view of an rising quarter of ecology and biogeography, linking person- and population-level approaches to geographic distributions and biodiversity styles. difficulties in evolutionary ecology, macroecology, and biogeography are illuminated via this integrative view.
Human actions impression the surroundings and regulate the cycles of vital parts equivalent to carbon and nitrogen from neighborhood to worldwide scales. for you to retain long term and sustainable use of the world's typical assets it is necessary that we know the way and why ecosystems reply to such adjustments.
Limnology is more and more fascinated about water offer and the relation of guy to aquatic environments. with no the continuing availability of natural water, all development in expertise and different fields of human lifestyles should be to no avail. the worldwide difficulties pertaining to transparent water are already super urgent.
Meals is greater than uncomplicated sustenance. It feeds our minds in addition to bodies. It nurtures us emotionally in addition to bodily. It holds stories. actually, one of many superb results of globalization and urbanization is the increasing internet of emotional attachments to farmland, to meals growers, and to put.
- Solid Waste: Assessment, Monitoring and Remediation (Waste Management)
- Kuwait: Urban and Medical Ecology. A Geomedical Study (Medizinische Länderkunde Geomedical Monograph Series)
- Wildlife-Habitat Relationships: Concepts and Applications
- Wetlands: Functioning, Biodiversity Conservation, and Restoration: 191 (Ecological Studies)
- Monitoring Biodiversity: Lessons from a Trans-Andean Megaproject
- Piscicultura Ecológica (Portuguese Edition)
Additional resources for Ecological Niches: Linking Classical and Contemporary Approaches (Interspecific Interactions)
Ecological Niches: Linking Classical and Contemporary Approaches (Interspecific Interactions) by Jonathan M. Chase
- Download e-book for iPad: Sprechakte - was tun wir, wenn wir sprechen? (German by Tina Heesel
- Download e-book for iPad: The Divine Attributes (Exploring the Philosophy of Religion) by Joshua Hoffman,Gary S. Rosenkrantz