By Gail B. Slap MD MS
This concise, evidence-based source covers all of trendy need-to-know info to quick and successfully diagnose and deal with universal adolescent conditions...in a very straight forward structure. simply because it is so compact, clinically orientated, and straightforward to learn, Adolescent drugs: The requirements in Pediatrics is a perfect research device in addition to a handy reference for perform.
- Includes particular discussions on unique healthiness concerns, universal scientific difficulties, sexual and reproductive wellbeing and fitness, behavioral difficulties, and the transition to grownup overall healthiness care that can assist you achieve a greater figuring out of the original wishes of the adolescent sufferer.
- Features a logical, constant bankruptcy layout that is helping you discover the information you would like speedy.
- Presents plentiful tables, differential diagnoses, lab values/radiologic reports, treatment/therapy ideas, and assistance on while to consult a expert equipping you for each medical problem.
- Discusses controversies in regards to the average of care through thought-provoking medical eventualities that can assist you to figure out the easiest plan of action in tough events.
- Provides highlighted bins that emphasize correct case reviews, key issues of every part, and different vital details making you conscious of issues that impression modern day perform.
- Uses a wealth of illustrations so that you can see info extra clearly.
Read or Download Adolescent Medicine: Requisites (Requisites in Pediatrics) PDF
Similar pediatrics books
Acclaimed for its unsurpassed clarity and practicable scope, Ashcraft's Pediatric surgical procedure provides authoritative, functional advice on treating the total diversity of surgical difficulties in babies, teenagers, and young people. the recent fifth variation maintains this glorious legacy with its completely up-to-date assurance of today's sizzling issues together with the elevated use of minimally invasive surgical procedure (MIS) for pediatric sufferers, urology, bariatric surgical procedure in kids, and evidence-based remedies and results in young ones. professional seek advice functionality-new to this edition-offers handy entry to the whole contents of the booklet, in addition to bonus surgical movies that display a number of the new suggestions and approaches from the textual content that can assist you refine your abilities.
* Covers the full diversity of surgical difficulties in babies, young children, and teenagers, for complete counsel in a single handy resource.
* bargains insurance of minimally invasive surgical procedure, together with laparoscopy and thoracoscopy, outlining the professionals and cons of every approach.
* Discusses well timed issues comparable to bariatric surgical procedure in teens and evidence-based remedies and results in children.
* contains surgical videos-many new to this edition-which show find out how to practice key techniques.
* Emphasizes a medical concentration for a huge spectrum of pediatric surgical problems, for insurance that objectives the fabric most crucial to you.
* includes a common layout that makes evaluate effortless for certification and recertification exams.
* locations an elevated emphasis on minimally invasive surgical procedure, reflecting the shift from open to closed tactics that permit for quicker restoration and higher outcomes.
* provides a brand new concentrate on evidence-based remedies and results, equipping you with today's top practices.
* bargains the whole textual content on-line, totally searchable, besides the entire illustrations downloadable on your own shows, and entry to surgical movies at expertconsult. com.
* comprises over 900 illustrations-more than part new to this edition-that depict today's most sensible surgical practice.
* offers on-line references associated with PubMed for simple entry to abstracts and whole textual content articles.
Your buy entitles you to entry the website till the subsequent variation is released, or till the present variation is not any longer provided on the market via Elsevier, whichever happens first. Elsevier reserves the suitable to supply an appropriate alternative product (such as a downloadable or CD-ROM-based digital model) may still entry to the website be discontinued.
Einer der wichtigsten Bereiche der Ernährungswissenschaften ist die Ernährung Heranwachsender: die gesunde Ernährung von Schulkindern und Jugendlichen zwischen dem 6. und 18. Lebensjahr. Ernährungsfehler, die in dieser Zeitspanne gemacht werden, sind später kaum mehr reparabel. Kinderärzten, Internisten und Ernährungswissenschaftlern bietet das Buch praxisbezogene Informationen zu diesem Thema.
"This booklet presents an entire examine neonatal healthcare supply. This version comprises discussions of latest issues of curiosity, comparable to informatics, genetics, international future health, and family-centered care, that are very important to prone taking care of neonates at the present time. The case reports and the evidence-based perform dialogues on the finish of every bankruptcy offer nice possibilities for extra mirrored image.
The 1st years of existence are a interval of extraordinary progress and alter. inside of a state of the art biopsychosocial framework, this leading edge quantity explores the a number of contexts of child development--the ways that genes, neurobiology, habit, and surroundings engage and form one another through the years.
- Food Allergy and Your Child
- Clinical Child Psychiatry, Second Edition
- Autism & Childhood Psychosis
- Supporting Children with Medical Conditions (2nd Edition)
- Perinatal Nutrition: Optimizing Infant Health & Development (Nutrition and Disease Prevention)
Extra resources for Adolescent Medicine: Requisites (Requisites in Pediatrics)
What are the individual strengths an adolescent can employ to negotiate challenging environments? How can adults help adolescents apply individual strengths in safe, pro-social strategies rather than high-risk, survival strategies? , family, school, church, neighborhood) that will protect the adolescent during the transition to pro-social behavior? The resilience model begins with an appreciation of what adolescents are doing right within their environments. For example, a gang member understands and manifests loyalty.
For example, the PCP may choose to manage asthma alone and co-manage cystic fibrosis. Regardless of the delineation, common goals should be the coordination of disease-specific care and the provision of comprehensive primary and preventive care. The PCP can help prevent duplications and omissions by clarifying the responsibilities of involved providers. , asthma, attention-deficit hyperactivity disorder). Provide primary and preventive health care, including anticipatory guidance. Know areas of increased need in preventive care for this population.
Sudbury, MA, Jones and Bartlett, 2005, pp. 12–15. Caloric and selected nutrient values for persons 1–74 years of age: First Health and Nutrition Examination Survey. United States, 1971–1974. Vital Health Stat 11 1979;209:1–88. Cavadini C, Siega-Riz AM, Popkin BM: US adolescent food intake trends from 1965 to 1996. Arch Dis Child 2000;83:18–24. : Correlations between family meals and psychosocial well-being among adolescents. Arch Pediatr Adolesc Med 2004;158:792–796. Harkness LS, Cromer BA: Vitamin D deficiency in adolescent females.